Job Title: Claims Specialist
Location: Melbourne, FL
Reports To: Claims Manager
Department/ Group: Claims
Travel Required: No
Position Type: Hourly / Non-exempt
Orion180 is a quickly growing Insurance technology-based insurance company that provides property insurance solutions using an online insurance technology (InsureTech) platform. Orion offers its proprietary homeowner insurance products to insurance agents in four states with plans to rapidly expand nationwide. Orion’s mission is to offer a suite of proprietary insurance products through both the agent and consumer channels via its best-in-class technology platform. To keep up with our rapid growth, we are seeking a professional to join our team.
The Claims Specialist is responsible for review of settlement recommendation of all claims; and for serving as the critical interface with insureds, Agents, and TPA. In cooperation with a Claims team, the Claims Specialist ensures that claims are investigated, evaluated, and resolved in a manner that is consistent with Claims Department Guidelines.
Role and Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and should demonstrate the following competencies to consistently perform the essential functions of this position. All employees are expected to adhere to and be knowledgeable of Orion180 operations standards, established security/safety rules and requirements for attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the fundamental knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job successfully:
- Intake First notice of loss.
- Investigates cases from initial contact to resolution including research, analysis, and synthesis of all findings reviews recommendations regarding case resolution.
- Confirms coverage and resolves coverage issues in collaboration with Claims Management.
- Prepares and presents appropriate cases for all internal reviews.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a team
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience is required.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in daily field or desk adjusting required
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with Xactimate.
- Adjuster’s license
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be self-directed and able to meet deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Awareness of business trends.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
While performing general office duties for this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk around (including the use of stairs). Other demands include the ability to openly communicate with others by talking, listening, and reading, being able to lift light objects (<25lbs), and use standard office equipment such as a computer and printer. In addition, there is an occasional need to bend, twist or stoop to open/close cabinets, reach for files or other standard office type objects.
The office environment is generally quiet and, in a temperature controlled setting with random adjustments in noise or temperature due conversations, unscheduled maintenance repairs to the building or its interior offices or unpredictable situations due to weather or other acts beyond company control. An employee must be willing to work their regularly assigned work schedule for their duties and/or job responsibilities and in times of need, be able to work an extended schedule depending on company/department needs, project requirements or customer demands.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.