Job Title: Full Stack Software (Web) Developer
Location: Melbourne, FL
Reports To: SVP Technology
Department/ Group: Technology
Travel Required: No
Position Type: Full Time / Exempt
Orion180 is a quickly growing Insurance technology-based insurance company that provides property insurance solutions using an online insurance technology (InsureTech) platform. Orion offers its proprietary homeowner insurance products to insurance agents in four states with plans to rapidly expand nationwide. Orion’s mission is to offer a suite of proprietary insurance products through both the agent and consumer channels via its best-in-class technology platform. To keep up with our rapid growth, we are seeking a professional to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and should demonstrate the following competencies to consistently perform the essential functions of this position. All employees are expected to adhere to and be knowledgeable of Orion180 operations standards, established security/safety rules and requirements for attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the fundamental knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job successfully:
- Heavy involvement in UI/UX design of corporate insurance portal
- Write well-designed, unit testable, and efficient code
- Work with code first and database first EF design patterns
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Thrive in an Agile-Scrum development team
- Provide work completed demos on a bi-weekly basis to stakeholders
- Provide timely updates on progress
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science or Code Bootcamp certificate preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to work on a fast passed agile team
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technology and share with teammates
- Experience understanding database table designs
- Agile-scrum experience is a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be self-directed and able to meet deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Awareness of business trends.
- Excellent software user and administration skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
While performing general office duties for this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk around (including the use of stairs). Other demands include the ability to openly communicate with others by talking, listening, and reading, being able to lift light objects (<25lbs), and use standard office equipment such as a computer and printer. In addition, there is an occasional need to bend, twist or stoop to open/close cabinets, reach for files or other standard office type objects.
The office environment is generally quiet and, in a temperature controlled setting with random adjustments in noise or temperature due conversations, unscheduled maintenance repairs to the building or its interior offices or unpredictable situations due to weather or other acts beyond company control. An employee must be willing to work their regularly assigned work schedule for their duties and/or job responsibilities and in times of need, be able to work an extended schedule depending on company/department needs, project requirements or customer demands.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.